Students Recognize Favorite Educators at Teaching Excellence Awards
Top academic seniors spoke about their favorite educators of all time at the 28th Annual Hoyt & Anne Dover Bailey Teaching Excellence Awards on March 16th at the LeGrand Center.
The event provided the opportunity for students to reunite with their teachers who impacted them the most throughout their educational journey within Cleveland County Schools. They honored their educators with formal “thank you” sentiments.
The educators and the senior scholars who nominated them are as follows:
- Robin Wilson of West Elementary (Kayla Farris, Turning Point Academy)
- Lori Stites of Shelby High (Tyler Grenier, Shelby High)
- Michael Price (Ret.) of Shelby Intermediate (Sarah Lampley, Shelby High)
- David Allen of Shelby High (Davis Smith, Shelby High)
- Connie Damon (Ret.) of North Elementary (Kaitlin Venevongsoth, Kings Mountain High)
- Shelley Gerald of Kings Mountain High (David Friday, Kings Mountain High)
- Lisa McDowell of Kings Mountain Intermediate (Tyra Silaphet, Kings Mountain High)
- Jan Rogers of Crest High (Piper Collins, Crest High)
- Emily Parker of Union Elementary (Rachel Harris, Crest High)
- Steven Hodge of Crest High (John Kyle Mitchell, Crest High)
- Matthew Love of Cleveland Early College High (Ruchi Patel, Cleveland Early College High)
- Leslie Parker of Burns High (Christopher Chapman, Burns High)
- Susan Johnson of Washington Elementary (Morgan Gardner, Burns High)
- Amanda Colson of Burns High (Andrew Self, Burns High)
The Cleveland County Schools Educational Foundation and the Dover Foundation continue to sponsor the event in memory of Hoyt and Anne Dover Bailey. The Late Hoyt Bailey, a former member of the Cleveland County Board of Education and a longtime member of the Foundation Board of Directors, sponsored the event for many years in memory of his beloved wife, Anne Dover Bailey.