Elementary Battle of the Books – Day 1 Results
Elementary readers converged at CCS Central Services to determine the best-of-the-best readers in the county. Eager to exhibit their knowledge, the students answered in-depth reading comprehension questions from the designated book list.
Team results from Day 1 are as follows:
~ 1st Place: Marion Elementary
~ 2nd Place: East Elementary
~ 3rd Place: West Elementary
This year, a special award named in honor of Dr. Ruth Pace was given to an individual from each team – selected by peers – to the team member most knowledgeable about all of the books.
The 2018 Dr. Ruth Pace Award Winners from Day 1 are:
- Gage Presnell of Bethware Elementary
- Coley Peters of East Elementary
- Aashna Patel of Graham Elementary
- Kamari Floyd of Grover Elementary
- Aiyanna Ross of James Love Elementary
- Antwan Smith of Jefferson Elementary
- Ashlyn Snead of Marion Elementary
- Priscila Medina of North Elementary
- Ruby Osborne of West Elementary
About Dr. Ruth Pace
Dr. Pace has been working with Battle of the Books in Cleveland County since its introduction to middle schools students in 1992. She has coached teams, moderated many local and regional competitions, and written hundreds of practice questions for every book on the middle and elementary school reading lists.
Click here to watch the awards ceremony in its entirety.